If you’ve been injured on the job, chances are you’ll need to file a workers’ compensation claim. While the process may seem simple, it may be in your best interest to hire an attorney to handle things for you. However, knowing when to hire a workers’ comp lawyer can be the most difficult part.
When to Hire a Workers’ Comp Lawyer
Many people ask the question, “Do I need a workers’ comp lawyer?” and don’t really know how to decide if this is the best course of action. There are some tell-tale signs that indicate when your claim may be problematic to determine when to hire a workers’ comp lawyer.
7 Signs You Should Hire a Workers’ Comp Lawyer
(1) Your employer is debating whether the incident happened at work: This is a common go-to for employers when small injuries that weren’t reported turn into larger ones.
(2) The insurance company has denied your claim: If your claim is denied and you choose to appeal, not having guidance from a worker’s comp attorney could make things difficult.
(3) Your employer retaliates: If you have filed a claim and your employer is not happy, they can attempt to demote, fire, or change your hours. They may also try and get you to return to work even if you aren’t ready.
(4) The employer is taking their time with your claim: While the company is obligated to move on your claim, they may wait until the very last minute to start the process.
(5) Treatment was recommended by a physician and the insurance company won’t pay: This is common for insurance companies who feel as if you don’t know the rules.
(6) The settlement is not enough to cover bills and expenses: Settlements under workers’ compensation are often based on a rating system rendered by physicians. In some cases, the insurance company will disagree, sending you to one of their doctors. This additional exam may lower your rating in the insurance company’s favor.
(7) You can’t return to work due to permanent, partial, or total disability: Insurance companies try to fight these types of claims due to the costs involved.
When to Act?
As soon as you experience any of these scenarios, the next step is to hire a worker’s compensation attorney. One of the best things you can do before things get to this point is to have the attorney look at your claim before you file it. This will give you leverage and properly position your attorney to fight on your behalf if needed.
Why DG Law?
DG Law has the experience and expertise to help navigate the intricacies of workers’ compensation claims. They fight for your rights and work in your best interest to make sure you receive the compensation due to you. The last thing you want to do is put yourself in a position where you aren’t familiar with the process. For more information on how we can help, call the team at DG Law today!February 23, 2022 No Comments