If you’ve been having or anticipate issues with your personal injury case, you may need to hire a personal injury lawyer. While there are some things that can be easily solved, there are others that need experience and expertise. Here are a few signs that indicate when to hire a personal injury lawyer:
- Wrongful death: If someone close to your or a loved one was involved in a situation of reckless behavior, intentional harm, or negligence that resulted in death.
- Denial of liability: The party at fault is denying their involvement or liability in the case.
- Insurance rejection: The insurance company is attempting to reject your claim or is attempting to pay a lesser amount due to your for your injuries and damages.
- Multi-party accidents: You were involved in a collision that involved numerous vehicles and individuals and you need your own representation to navigate the process.
How to Find the Right Lawyer for You
Once you’ve decided you need to take action, these steps can assist with how to hire a personal injury lawyer:
- Seek referrals from friends and family: You may already know someone who has a recommendation. This is a good place to start.
- Do your research: Look at reviews online, go to the Bar Association website, and find out everything you can about the attorney or firm. Find out if they are licensed and have a good reputation in your state or the state where the incident occurred. You should be able to find out if the lawyer has had any disciplinary actions taken against them.
- Discuss the fees: You always want to know the fees you are facing from the very beginning. Get everything in writing and make sure you are clear on what the agreement covers. While many attorneys work on contingency, it’s always best not to assume.
Questions to Ask Your Personal Injury Lawyer
Before you make the final decision on hiring a personal injury lawyer, there are a few questions you should ask:
- How long have you been practicing law?
An experienced attorney working on your behalf will have the knowledge and expertise to handle any scenario.
- Are there any issues you anticipate with my case?
A personal injury attorney will use his knowledge and experience with cases that are similar to yours to make assessments based on the facts, what needs to be done and anticipated initial outcome.
- Will you be personally handling my case?
You want to converse with the attorney that will be responsible for handling your case. Again, this will determine if you are comfortable with them, and they are a good fit.
- If you have additional staff working on my case, will I be able to converse with them too?
You should be able to directly speak to anyone working on your case.
- How much could I receive?
Personal injury lawyers should have a good estimate of initial settlement costs based on their experience in the field.
For more information on hiring the right personal injury lawyer and how this works in your favor, contact the team at DG Law now for a free consultation!March 11, 2022 No Comments